Panasonic KX-HDV Series IP Phones Manual Reconfiguration Procedure
WARNING: THIS PROCEDURE DESCRIBES HOW TO MANUALLY RECONFIGURE PANASONIC KX-HDV SERIES IP PHONES TO WORK ON THE PLACETEL PBX NETWORK. ONCE THIS PROCEDURE HAS BEEN COMPLETED, ANY PRIOR CONFIGURATION SETTINGS ON THE DEVICE WILL BE OVERWRITTEN, INCLUDING THE ADMINISTRATOR PASSWORD, AND THE DEVICE WILL ONLY BE USABLE ON THE PLACETEL PBX NETWORK. THE DEVICE MUST BE RETURNED TO THE YEALINK FACTORY DEFAULT CONFIGURATION BEFORE IT CAN BE USED ON ANY NETWORK OTHER THAN PLACETEL PBX.
Factory Default Instructions:
From the Home screen, press the arrow on the right side of the screen to get to the Menu screen. Select System Settings, and on the keypad, press #136. The phone will prompt you with “Are you sure?” and you will select “Yes.”
This will default the phone to factory settings.
Configuring the Device
- From a factory default baseline on a Panasonic KX-HDV device, you will need to enable the web interface via the phone’s touchscreen:
Menu -> Basic Settings -> Other Option -> Embedded Web -> On
- Determine the IP address via the touchscreen:
Menu -> System Settings -> Status -> IPv4 Settings
- Enter the IP address into your browser to be prompted for login.
- Log in to the device using the default (case-sensitive) username (“admin”) and password (“adminpass”), and then click Log In.
- Click on the Maintenance tab to reveal the Provisioning Maintenance menu.
- Enter the provisioning server address into the Master File URL field.
a. For Europe, https://panasonic.broadcloud.eu/bcloud
- Click Save.
- This will cause the device to request the files from the provisioning server and reboot.
Once the boot process has completed, the device will be provisioned for use in the Placetel PBX network. If the station assignment process was properly completed prior to the reboot, the device will boot into a station specific assigned/usable state. If not, the device will boot into a default unassigned/unusable state, and will remain in this state until the site administrator has completed the station assignment process. If this occurs, contact your site administrator and request that station assignment be completed for the device in question.