This service allows a user to barge in on an existing call by dialing the Directed Call Pickup with Barge-in feature access code followed by the extension of the user to barge in on. It also allows the ability to pick up another user in the same group while the call is alerting. This Feature functionality can be enabled / disabled through the My Site or My Phone Portals.
The Barge-In section of the My Site / My Site portal page can be used by Site Administrators to:
- Manage Barge-in settings for Users within a Site, i.e. allowing / disallowing any user within the site the ability to Barge into the selected Users calls
- Manage the enabling / disabling the playing of a Barge-in warning tone
Enabling from the My Site portal
A. Login to My Site:
- Open an Internet browser and go to the My Site portal. Example: https://yourcompany.Placetel UC-One.com/control/main
- As the Site Administrator, enter your username and password
- Click the Login button
B. Enter the My Site / My Site section of the portal:
- Click on the My Site tab at the top of the screen
- Select a Site from the Site List on the left side of the screen
Your screen should now look something like the one below:
C. Enter the My Site / User Features section of the portal
- Click on the User Features tab at the top of the screen
- Click on the Barge-In tab on the User Feature Menu to the left
Your screen should now look something like the one below
D. Enabling / Disabling the Barge-In feature for individual users:
- Click on a desired User from the table and click the Edit button at the top of the table
A pop-up box will appear like the one below showing the two (2) Barge-In options that can be set for the user. Remember, you are setting permissions for the TARGET of the Barge-In
- To ENABLE the features, check the appropriate boxes and click Save.
Enabling from the My Phone portal
A. Login to My Phone:
- Open an Internet browser and go to the My Phone portal
- Example: https://yourcompany.Placetel UC-One.com/control/main
- As a User, enter your username and password
- Click the Login button
- Click on the My Features tab
- Click on the Barge-In tab on the left menu
B. To ENABLE the features, check the appropriate boxes and click Save.
It is important to understand that BOTH options “Allow Users to Barge-in” and “Barge-in Warning Tone” apply to the device you are enabling it on, i.e. After enabling both settings, a user would be able to barge-in on to calls to your device, and any barge-in attempts from your device to any other Users would play a warning tone after the successful barge-in attempt.
Using the Barge-In Feature
A. From your phone, choose a line.
B. Dial *33 + the target extension where the call you want to Barge into is Alerting or In Progress.
Results of Barge-in attempt:
- If the target User has Barge-in DISABLED, you will receive a fast busy signal.
- If the Target User has Barge-in ENABLED and has already answered the call, you will be added to the conversation. Depending on whether or not the ALERT on Barge-In option was enabled / disabled for the Barging user will determine if a Tone is played when you barge in on the call.
- It the Target User has Barge-in ENABLED and has not yet answered the call, the call will be directed to you instead, and you will be placed on to the call with the Originating caller.