Call Notify is a Placetel UC-One PBX feature which provides an email notification to a user when they receive a phone call meeting specific defined criteria. The criteria for each Call Notify entry can be calls from any number or be a list of up to 12 phone numbers or digit patterns, a specified time schedule, and a specified holiday schedule. All criteria for an entry must be true for the e-mail to be sent. A valid e-mail address must be entered first before Call Notify can be used.
- Only one e-mail address can be entered for a user’s Call Notify service. If there is a need to notify multiple addresses for a specific user, the entered e-mail address must be a distribution list managed by the customer.
- After an e-mail address is entered for a user’s Call Notify service, it cannot be deleted. It can be overwritten with a new address.
- The from address (CallNotify@broadcloudpbx.com ) for the outgoing e-mail for Call Notify is system-wide and cannot be branded for a specific Service Provider or Enterprise. The e-mail address used as the “from” address does not translate to an actual e-mail mailbox. Any replies to the address will result in an undeliverable message response to the sender.
The Call Notify feature has the following interaction/precedence with other features:
- Alternate Numbers - Call Notify applies to all alternate numbers for a user.
- Hunt Group - When a call to a Hunt Group is presented to a user in the Hunt Group, the user’s Call Notify service is inhibited. This means that any Call Notify settings for the user are not applied to call to a user from a Hunt Group.
- Call Center - When a call to a Call Center is presented to a user in the Call Center, the user’s Call Notify service is inhibited. This means that any Call Notify settings for the user are not applied to an incoming call from a Call Center.
- Call Park/Retrieve - Call Notify does not send a notification e-mail when a recall occurs.
- Call Waiting - Call Notify applies to waiting calls for a user.
- Directed Call Pick-up/Directed Call Pick-up with Barge-in - Call Notify does not report when a user uses these features to pick-up calls.
- Do Not Disturb - Call Notify reports incoming calls when Do Not Disturb is active
Once configured, the user will receive an email in the following format when they receive a call matching their configured criteria.
Step 1. Log in to My Phone
Step 2. Go to the My Rules tab
Step 3. Add a Call Notify Rule
For additional information on setting schedules, please refer to the My Rules QRG.
Step 4. After the rule is saved it appears in the list of rules. Go to the rule list to edit or delete the rule.