Manual Reconfiguration Guide
WARNING: THIS PROCEDURE DESCRIBES HOW TO MANUALLY RECONFIGURE A CISCO SPA122 ATA DEVICE TO WORK ON THE PLACETEL NETWORK. ONCE THIS PROCEDURE HAS BEEN COMPLETED, ANY PRIOR CONFIGURATION SETTINGS ON THE DEVICE WILL BE OVERRIDDEN, INCLUDING THE ADMINISTRATOR PASSWORD, AND THE DEVICE WILL ONLY BE USABLE ON THE PLACETEL NETWORK. THE DEVICE MUST BE RETURNED TO THE LINKSYS FACTORY DEFAULT CONFIGURATION BEFORE IT CAN BE USED ON ANY OTHER NETWORK.
For Models: SPA122
- Ensure the Cisco SPA122 has been factory defaulted
- Connect a PC to the SPA122 Ethernet (yellow) port, then power on your PC
- Open a web browser and enter 192.168.15.1 in the address bar
- To log in enter ‘admin’ as the user and ‘admin’ as the password
- Click the “Voice” tab
- Click the “Provisioning” tab
- Enter the following link in “Profile Rule”
** If you are having trouble flashing your device with these URLs, please contact your technical support team for assistance.
- Select “Submit All Changes” at the bottom of the page
- When the GUI returns, select the „Administration“ tab
- Click the “Reboot” tab
- Click the “Reboot” button
- Click „OK“ in the popup confirming the reboot
- Wait 5-10 minutes for the new configuration to download.
Once the second boot process has completed, the device will be provisioned for use in the Placetel network. If the station assignment process was properly completed prior to the reboot, the device will boot into a station specific assigned/usable state. If not, the device will boot into a default unassigned/unusable state, and will remain in this state until the site administrator has completed the station assignment process. If this occurs, contact your site administrator and request that station assignment be completed for the device in question.
Note: when configured on the Placetel Network the Yellow Ethernet port on the SPA122 is supported in bridge mode as a switch port. This port will not supported as a home router. If devices inside the office (such as a printer or computer) were connected to this port they will be able to properly communicate with other devices on the customers’ LAN. It must be noted that anytime the SPA122 is powered off or rebooting, this switch port will be down.