Cisco IP-Telefon 68xx-, 78xx- & 88xx-Serie
WARNING: THIS PROCEDURE DESCRIBES HOW TO MANUALLY RECONFIGURE A CISCO 3PCC IP PHONES TO WORK ON THE Placetel UC-ONE PBX NETWORK. ONCE THIS PROCEDURE HAS BEEN COMPLETED, ANY PRIOR CONFIGURATION SETTINGS ON THE DEVICE WILL BE OVERRIDDEN, INCLUDING THE ADMINISTRATOR PASSWORD, AND THE DEVICE WILL ONLY BE USABLE ON THE Placetel UC-ONE PBX NETWORK. THE DEVICE MUST BE RETURNED TO THE CISCO FACTORY DEFAULT CONFIGURATION BEFORE IT CAN BE USED ON ANY NETWORK OTHER THEN Placetel UC-ONE PBX.
- For Cisco 68xx, 78xx and 88xx IP Phones, please upgrade your phone to 11.0(0.7)
MPP or higher before connecting to the Placetel UC-ONE Platform.
- Press the setup button on the device
- Press the 6 or 7 key (depending on the model) or down arrow to 6 or 7
(Status) and press the select soft key.
- Then press the 2 key or down arrow to 2 (Network Status) and press the
Select soft key.
- Record the IP address under 2 (Current IP)
- From a browser on the same LAN, enter the IP address recorded in step 3
Note:If prompted for a user and password, enter it now. Then click
admin and enter the admin user and password.
- Click the admin link in the top right of the page
- Click the advanced link in the top right of the page
- Click the “Voice” tab
- Click the “Provisioning” tab
- Enter the following link in “Profile Rule”
Provisioning URL : https://cisco.broadcloud.eu/welcome.xml
** If you are having trouble flashing your device with this URL, please contact your technical support team for assistance.
- Select “Submit All Changes” at the bottom of the page
- Wait for about 10 minutes for the new configuration to download. The phone will
undergo a few reboot cycles for the complete configuration to download.
If the station assignment process was properly completed prior to the reboot, the
device will boot into a station specific assigned/usable state. If not, the device will
boot into a default unassigned/unusable state, and will remain in this state until the
site administrator has completed the station assignment process. If this occurs,
contact your site administrator and request that station assignment be completed for
the device in question.