Handbuch Supervisor - Manage Agents
You use the Agents panel to view the agents who you are supervising and to perform actions on them. You can also monitor the call and the ACD state of selected agents.
Select Agents to Monitor
Call Center allows you to monitor the call and the ACD state of selected agents, but agents are not automatically monitored. To monitor the state of an agent, you must select the agent.
To select agents to monitor:
- In the Agents panel, click Edit . The Edit Monitored Agents dialog box appears.
- Select the check box next to each agent to monitor. If an agent is staffing multiple call centers, by selecting that agent for monitoring in one call center, you are also selecting them for monitoring under all call centers that they are staffing.
- Click Save.
The selected agents have their call and ACD state displayed. The state of agents who are not monitored appears as unknown (dimmed)
The list is saved and is available during subsequent sessions.
Agent Phone and ACD States
Monitored agents have their phone and ACD state displayed. A single icon, to the left of the agent’s name, represents the agent’s combined phone and ACD state, which indicates the agent’s ability to take calls. In addition, the agent’s ACD state is also displayed in text following their name.
Other agents have their state set to “Unknown”.
The possible agent’s phone and ACD states are as follows:
| | |
|Phone State | ACD State | Icon | Description |
| Idle | Available | | Agent’s phone is on-hook and the agent is available to take ACD calls.
| Ringing | Available | | Agent’s phone is ringing and the agent is available to take the call.
| Any | Unavailable, Sign-In, Sign-Out | | Agent is not available to take ACD calls.
| Idle, Ringing | Wrap-Up | | Agent is performing post call work. They may or may not be available to take calls.
| Busy | Available, Wrap-Up | | Agent’s phone is off-hook, which means that the agent is on a call. Calls may be delivered to agents depending on their call waiting settings and the call center’s call waiting and wrap-up settings.
| Do Not Disturb | Any | | Agent has enabled the Do Not Disturb service. ACD calls are not delivered to agent in the Do Not Disturb call state. This state is not recommended for Call Center agents. Agents should use the Unavailable ACD state when they need to block new incoming calls temporarily.
| Call Forwarding Always | Any | | Agent has enabled the Call Forwarding Always service.
| Private | Any | | Agent has enabled phone state privacy. NOTE: This terminates monitoring of the agent’s phone state for the current login session. To be able to monitor their phone state again, you must sign out and then sign in after the agent has disabled their phone state privacy.
| Unknown | Any | | Agent is currently not monitored.
View Agent’s Details
Clicking an agent expands the entry to show all joined queues and all the agent’s current calls, in order of arrival. For each call, the following information is displayed:
- Call number
- Calling name (if available) and calling number (and for direct calls, extension), for example, “Joe Smith +12403645125”
- Call length in the following format: “MM:SS” (or “HH:MM:SS” if the call lasts longer than an hour), for example, “10:22
Change Agent ACD State
You can force an ACD state change for an agent. This action can only be performed on monitored agents.
To change and agent’s ACD state:
- In the Agents panel, click the agent and then click the ACD State button.
- From the drop-down list, select the new state.
- If you selected Unavailable, you may have to select the reason for their unavailability
Silently Monitor Agent’s Call
The silent monitor function allows you to listen to monitored agents’ calls without being heard. You can listen in on agents who you selected for phone and ACD state monitoring.
NOTE: This function is available if you have the Directed Call Pickup with Barge-in and Call Center Monitoring services assigned.
You can silently monitor one agent at a time, and the agent you monitor must have the Call Center service assigned.
You can choose to monitor the agent’s current call or next incoming call. To monitor the current call, the agent must have exactly one active call.
To listen in on an agent’s current call silently:
- In the Contacts pane, expand the Agents panel and click the agent to monitor. The agent must have exactly one active call.
- Click Monitor for that agent.
A new call is created in the Conference Call panel. You are conferenced in to the call and muted (Silent Monitor).
To listen in on an agent’s next call silently:
- In the Contacts pane, expand the Agents panel.
- Click the target agent and click Monitor Next Call for that agent. A monitoring call is established for the selected agent.
When the next call is received and answered by the agent, you are conferenced in to the call and your call is muted. Both calls appear in the Conference Call panel.
To barge in on a call you are silently monitoring:
In the Conference Call panel, click Barge In . You are conferenced in to the call.
For information on operations that can be performed on conference calls, see section Manage Conference Calls.
Barge in on Agent’s Call
Supervisor Barge-In allows you to barge in on an agent’s call. This is useful when you want to enter an already established call between two other people. You can only barge in on agents who you selected for phone and ACD state monitoring.
NOTE: This functionality is only available if you have been assigned the Directed Call Pickup with Barge-in service.
To barge in on an agent’s call:
- In the Contacts pane, expand the Agents panel and select an agent. The agent must have exactly one active call.
- Click the agent to expand the entry and click Barge In . A Three-Way Conference is established. For information on operations that can be performed on conference calls, see section Manage Conference Calls.
Pick Up Agent’s Ringing Call
Call Pickup allows you to pick up an unanswered call on behalf of an agent. This is useful when the agent is away or busy.
NOTE 1: This functionality is only available if your group has been assigned the Call Pickup service.
NOTE 2: A call that is retrieved using Call Pickup is treated in the Call Center reports as a direct inbound call to the retrieving party and not as an ACD call, because it was not answered by the
agent selected using the ACD process.
NOTE 3: Supervisor Call Pickup is only supported if the agent and supervisor are in the same group. In an enterprise, this function can be disabled.
To pick up an unanswered call for an agent:
- In the Agents panel, select an agent whose phone is ringing.
- Move the mouse over the agent and click Answer. You are now answering the call, and the call appears in the Call Console.