Handbuch Agent - Getting Started
About This Document
This user guide provides step-by-step procedures and reference information for using My Site Call Center client application.
This document is intended for Call Center agents and supervisors who use the My Site Call Center client.
How This Guide is Organized
The following table identifies the sections to refer to for information about the functionality provided by Call Center.
|Introduction to Call Center||This section provides an overview of Call Center and the functionality available to agents and supervisors.|
|Getting Started||This section describes how to sign in and out of Call Center, perform the initial setup, change a password, and obtain help|
|Explore Workspace||This section provides an overview of the user interface.|
|Manage Calls||This section provides information on how to make and manage calls. This includes using your contacts to make calls or perform actions on existing calls.|
|Manage Contacts||This section provides information on managing contact directories and searching for contacts.|
|Monitor Supervisors||This section describes how agents can monitor the phone state of selected supervisors. Generate Reports This section describes|
|Configure Call Center||This section describes the settings you can configure to set up and customize Receptionist for improved usability.|
|Appendix A: Glossary and Definitions||This appendix contains definitions of terms used in Call Center.|
|Appendix B: Keyboard Shortcuts||This appendix describes the keyboard shortcuts available in Call Center.|
For more information on Call Center and on Application Server procedures used by group administrators, department administrators, and users, see the following My Site guides:
- My Site Call Center Quick Reference Guide
- My Site Call Center Reports Guide
Introduction to Call Center
My Site Call Center is a carrier-class communications management product fully integrated which provides an advanced Automatic Call Distribution capability.
Call Center delivers the following real benefits to users:
- Efficient call handling and automatic call distribution (ACD) state management by Call Center agents
- Integration of online directories with Click-To-Dial capability
- Real-time monitoring of agent and queue activity by Call Center supervisors
- Historical reporting on agent and queue activity by Call Center supervisors
Call Center – Agent
The Call Center – Agent client is designed to support the needs of Call Center agents in any environment. It supports the full set of call handling functions, ACD state management, integration of multiple directories, Outlook integration, and other features required in large call centers.
Figure 1 shows the main interface of the Call Center – Agent.
The interface contains the following work areas:
- Logo pane – The Logo pane displays information about you and contains links to other pages and functions.
- Call Console – You use the Call Console to view and manage your current calls.
- Contacts pane – The Contacts pane contains your contact directories, the list of your supervisors, and the list of the call centers to which you belong. It allows you to use your contacts to make and manage your calls.
- Settings pages – You use the Settings pages, accessed via the Settings link, to configure various aspects of Call Center.
For more information about the Call Center user interface, see Explore Workspace.
Call Center functionality available to agents is described in the following sections:
- Getting Started
- Manage Calls
- Manage Contacts
- Monitor Supervisors
- Configure Call Center
Call Center is hosted on the My Site network and you access it over the internet either from your web portal or from a web browser. The sign-in procedure is the same for agents and supervisors.
NOTE 1: The minimum screen resolution required for the Call Center is 1024 x 768 pixels.
NOTE 2: Call Center does not support logging in as different users from the same machine at the same time.
Launch Call Center
From My Phone Dashboard
- Log in to your My Site My Phone web portal.
From the My Features tab, push the Call Center button. In the Call Center Information screen, hit the Activate Agent button.
- Enter your My Site user ID in user@domain format and enter your password.
If you are unsure of your user ID or password, contact your administrator.
You can also enter just the user part of your ID. The system then appends the default domain to it before authenticating you. However, if your domain is different from the default domain, you have to enter your user ID with the domain name.
Optionally, if your system has been configured to allow it, you can configure your domain name.
- Check Stay signed in to instruct the client to automatically reconnect and sign in to the server when it detects a network connection. This should generally be enabled to help mitigate intermittent internet connections. When disabled, the client signs out the user when the connection is lost.
- To configure your domain name or the Call Center language, click Show options. The area expands, displaying advanced options.
- To configure your domain, in the Append Domain text box, enter your domain name. When you enter your user ID without a domain, the system appends the configured domain instead of the system-wide default domain.
- The Hotel Host option is not available at this time, but is reserved for future functionality.
- English (US) is the only supported language at this time. Another language may be selected, but only English (US) will be shown.
- To add a bookmark to this page in your browser, click Bookmark this page and follow the instructions of your browser.
- Click Sign In.
Call Center starts and you are signed in.
To Sign in from Web Browser
- In your web browser, enter the Uniform Resource Locator (URL) of the Call Center client. The Call Center Sign-in page appears.
- Follow from Step 3 above.
Call Center provides you with online access to a portable document format (PDF) version of this guide.
To access the document, click the Help link in the top right-hand side of the main interface.
- To sign out of Call Center, click Sign Out at the top right-hand side of the main interface.
If you are the last agent to sign out of a call center, a message appears, providing the details of queues in which you are the last agent to sign out and asking you to confirm that you want to sign out.
NOTE: This functionality is not available when you close the application using the browser’s Close button or when you refresh (F5) the browser.
- To stay signed in, click No. You are returned to the application.
- To continue signing out, click Yes.
A message appears asking whether you would like to save your current workspace.
- To continue signing out, click Yes.
- To save your current workspace, click Yes. This allows you to retain the same interface setup at your next session. For information about the elements of the Call Center workspace that can be customized and retained between sessions, see Set Up Call Center
When you sign in to Call Center for the first time, it is recommended that you configure the following settings:
- Configure the queues you want to join on sign-in.
- Configure your post sign-in and post call ACD states.
For information, see Settings – Application.
- Configure the supervisors whose call status you want to monitor. For information,
see Select Supervisors to Monitor.
For more information about the settings you can configure in Call Center, Configure Call Center.
Change Your Password
You can change your password when you are signed in to Call Center.
- To change your password, click the Settings link at the top right-hand side of the main page.
Click the General tab and then click Change Password.
- Enter your old and new password in the provided text boxes and click Change Password.
Note that the Reset button does not reset your password. It only clears the input boxes.
NOTE: This password is shared with your web portal and other client applications that share My Site Single Sign-On feature. It must meet the password requirements set on My Site.
Change Your ACD State
At the at the top right-hand side of the main window, click the ACD states box and select your ACD state from the drop-down list.
Enable or Disable Services
You can use the following services in Call Center: Call Waiting, Call Forwarding Always, and Do Not Disturb, provided that your administrator has assigned the services to you.
To enable or disable Call Waiting:
- In the Call Console, click Call Waiting . The button changes to this to indicate that the service is enabled.
- To disable it, click the button again.
To enable or disable Do Not Disturb or Call Forwarding Always:
- At the top right-hand corner of the main page, click Settings. The Settings page appears.
- Click the Services tab.
- On the Services page that appears, select the service you want to enable or disable, and check or uncheck the Active box.
- If you checked the Active box for the Call Forwarding Always service, in the Forward To text box, enter the phone number to forward your call to. Also, Check the Ring Splash box if you would like to be notified by short ring to let you know a call came in and was forwarded.
- Click Save.
For more information, see Configure Call Center.