Warte- und Haltemusik
Sometimes a caller needs to be placed on hold, what do you want them to hear while they wait? Silence is not the best policy in every case. There are two options for assigning the Music On Hold feature to your site:
Default: The system plays music to fill the silence and allow the customer to know they are still connected.
Custom: Enables you to upload a customized message specific to your business – an advertisement, customer reference quote, company overview, etc.
The Music on Hold feature allows you to take either approach, with the ability to change your music/message anytime you want.
Before the Music on Hold service can be used the following conditions must be met:
- Music on Hold must be purchased and provisioned for the site.
To use this service, log into to My Site, then simply follow the steps detailed below:
Step 1. Go to My Site
Step 2. Go to Site Services
Step 3. Select and Activate Music on Hold
Select the Music On Hold Source. This setting determines if you are configuring the default system Music On Hold or Custom Music On Hold.
- System: If selected, the system Music On Hold file will be played to callers placed on hold.
- Custom: If selected, you must upload a .wav file.
- If Custom is selected, once the .wav file is uploaded, click the Music Upload Button.
- Locate the file on your computer, and click Open.
Note: All custom Music On Hold files must be in .wav file format with CCITT u-Law or a-Law settings and 8kHz, 8 bit mono attributes. Using a basic sound converter will allow you to save your .wav file in this format. Maximum file size is 4.6 MB for ~10 minutes of playback.